Thank you for choosing to work with Willow & Whyte Interiors or for visiting my website.
I understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used.
I respect and value the privacy of all of my clients and prospective clients and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described in this policy, and in a way that is consistent with my obligations and your rights under the law.
1. THE DATA COLLECTION & STORAGE
Depending upon how you use my website, or work with me I may collect some or all of the following personal data:
- Your name
- Contact information including your address, e-mail address and telephone number
- Information you have given me about your house and interior project
- Photographs of your home, and finished soft furnishings.
I do not collect or store any of your payment details, or any sensitive data.
2. HOW AND WHY I USE THIS DATA:
I may use this data for the following reasons:
1. To fulfil the contract between us.
2. To personalise and tailor my services to you.
3. To communicate with you. This may mean responding to emails or calls from you.
4. To fulfil a legal obligation, which may include accounting or record keeping
5. To demonstrate the consistency and quality of my work in my online and printed portfolios, on my blog and on social media portfolios
I will only use your personal data when I have a legal reason to do so. This will usually be one of the following reasons:
1. To fulfil our contract
2. To meet my own legitimate interests
3. I don’t generally rely on consent as a reason for processing your data, other than in relation to marketing purposes.
I also understand that there may be reasons why you do not want me to use the photographs of your soft furnishings in my digital and printed portfolios, on my blog or on social media. I am always happy to discuss and accommodate these requests. Please let me know about this when you approve the project by paying the deposit.
4. HOW LONG I KEEP PERSONAL DATA FOR
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
5. STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA
Willow & Whyte Interiors is based in the UK and I store data in the United Kingdom.
I store data in the following ways:
- I store digital photographs & client data on hard drives stored in my home office and accessed only by me
- I use gmail to send, receive and store e-mails.
6. SHARING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
I take your privacy very seriously and will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes except those set out in Part 5, unless I am required to do so to fulfil our contract, comply with legal obligations, a court order or on the instructions of a government authority.
If any of your personal data is transferred outside of the EEA, I will take suitable steps in order to ensure that your personal data is treated just as safely and securely as it would be within the UK and under the GDPR, as explained above in Part 5.
7. HOW YOU CAN ACCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover my administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of my progress.
9. HOW YOU CAN CONTACT ME
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change my business in a way that affects personal data protection. You will always be able to find the current version of this policy on this page. This policy is effective from 20th April 2021.